Sale Transactions are sales that are straightforward purchases for either goods or services. Loading the Web Terminal will automatically select Sale, but if you are under Refund or Authorize, you can return by clicking the tab at the top.
To process a Sale:
- If you have both USD and CAD merchant accounts enabled on PayHQ, choose the currency of the transaction by clicking the slider.
- Enter the transaction amount.
- Enter the Credit Card info into the fields. PayHQ will automatically detect the card type.
- Enter the Security Code or CVV code. The Security Code is the three-digit code found on the back of the card in or near the signature bar for Visa, MasterCard and most credit cards. American Express cards use the four-digit code located to the right on the front of the card.
- Enter your customer's email address to send them a Social Receipt
Click on 'Order Details' to enter information about your customer to store in your customer vault. You can also start over and erase the transaction information by selecting 'Clear Sale' at the bottom.
Click on 'Charge', and the system will return a notification of a successful or declined transaction.
The transaction is now recorded in PayHQ, and the bank is processing the funds for deposits. You should see your funds within 48 business hours of processing.