Refunds are an important part of customer satisfaction, so we've made them a simple process on your mobile device. Only sales and captured authorizations completed on the mobile app can be refunded. There are two ways to issue a refund, when the transaction ID is known (from a receipt or invoice) or from My Transactions.
Issuing a refund using the Transaction ID:
- Once you're logged in, select ‘Refund’ as your transaction type by tapping on the button at the top of the Terminal screen.
- Enter the original Transaction ID, or tap the search icon in the Transaction ID field to pull up a list of previously run transactions. After you find the payment, the refund screen will automatically populated with the refund information.
- Review and edit the amount if you only need to perform a partial refund.
- Tap ‘Submit’ to refund your customer.
If you've recently completed a sale, it may be easier to locate and process the refund from My Transactions.
Issuing a refund from My Transactions:
- After you've logged in, tap on the menu icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select 'My Transactions'.
- Find and tap the transaction you need to refund.
- Select 'Issue Refund' on the bottom right. You'll be taken to the Terminal screen with Refund selected and all if the information populated with the refund details.
- Review and edit amount if partial amount is needed.
- Tap 'Submit' to refund the customer.
You can now view the refund within ‘My Transactions’ on your mobile app or in Payfirma HQ. From either place, you can send an email receipt confirming the refund or print out a receipt.